Following the Conservative victory in Northamptonshire in the local election, the cabinet has been announced.
Cllr Heather Smith will remain leader of the council, and she said: “I am delighted to announce this team of cabinet members and I have every confidence that it is the right line-up to take us forward as we embark on the huge challenges and transformation which stands before us. A year ago when I became council leader I made some significant changes to the cabinet and I believe that now is not the time for a major reshuffle. This is a team that I can work with and which works well with the many officers that help deliver the diverse services we run for the people of the county.”
The cabinet is as follows:
- Cllr Heather Smith – Leader of the council
- Cllr Matt Golby – Deputy Leader and cabinet member for children’s services
- Cllr Andre Gonzalez de Savage – Cabinet member for public protection
- Cllr Robin Brown – Cabinet member for finance
- Cllr Ian Morris – Cabinet member for transport, highways and environment
- Cllr Bill Parker – Cabinet member for adult social care
- Cllr Sylvia Hughes – Cabinet member for public health and wellbeing
The Conservatives won 43 out of the 57 seats.